Free As A Bird
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Morning Stroll

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tray Daniels

Tray Daniels

Position : Lead Captian of the Jayhawks
Treasure : 918

A Morning Stroll Empty
PostSubject: A Morning Stroll   A Morning Stroll I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 10:00 pm

[dohtml]

The cry of gulls, the shouting of men, the clacking of cargo being unloaded, the shrieking of tack and jibs as ropes lifted and heaved large barrels and boxes, and the creaking of ships as they shifted and groaned filled the early morning air as the captain descended the gangway to the port bellow. The trading town of Dry Creek stretched out before him, thousands of bodies moving through the streets and along the port creating a writhing shifting sea of colors, faces, and scents as sailors unloaded their wears. The man walked with confidence, his easy going saunter friendly and inviting although even discussed by his wide grin and lose appearance a trained eye could see the way he carried himself was that of a skilled warrior. The way he shifted his weight as agile as a cat, how he took in his surroundings with his sapphire eyes without turning his head. The way his arms swung loosely, carelessly passing the handles of the two Shashka swords placed on either hip, slung across his back was his quiver and bow weapons he rarely used unless on land. Yes, to a normal person he seemed like an easy going jovial fellow, but to a skilled warrior they would see a deadly predator.

Never the type to delight in violence or bloodshed Tray would gladly avoid any sort of fight, preferring to talk amiably with another. Upon reaching land the young man looked up at his beloved Stargazer, a striking black and maroon schooner the sky ship was it's Captain's pride and joy. He watched as his crew unloaded her cargo, shouting instructions when ever necessary but for the most part remaining where he was allowing the men to do their job. When a particularly heavy box was hauled up from bellow the twenty-three year old nimbly ran back onto his ship to offer assistance in securing the massive thing to the rigging before stepping aside to allow the wooden crane to lift it off of his ship. Pleased to see the final piece of cargo leave his ship the captain smiled and patted his crew on the back congratulating them for a job well done before leaving the floating ship once more to settle storage and other trading matters with an official who worked at the docks. As he walked Tray absentmindedly reached up to his shoulder to stroke the head of the little creature that had perched atop it, the small Spiny Rabbit nuzzled his master's hand, its large ears twisting and turning as he took in the sights around him.

After settling everything with the official Tray left his ship floating safe and secure in the port while his crew went celebrate a good days hull the Captain politely excused himself to enjoy the rest of the day wandering the streets and looking into shops. Following a large crowd that boisterously made their way down the Main Avenue the young man happily zigzagged going to what ever shop or open air booth that caught his eye. Merchants hawking their wares vied for buyer's attentions, eagerly pressing their wares toward tray when ever he drew near. Waving them away the man continued down the street, his faithful companion sitting atop his shoulder the whole time, watching everyone that came near his master closely. His gaze settled on a fat man who had called to Tray, attempting to barter with him for the Spiny Rabbit, a known delicacy in the country of Argo. The small Rabbit gave the male a deadly glare while Tray firmly declined the generous offer, quickly walking away as the man continued to call after him.

Walk "Talk!" Think

[/dohtml]Table Made by Apachewind

Last edited by Tray Daniels on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:36 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Avena Daniels

Position : Stargazer First Mate
Treasure : 1050

A Morning Stroll Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Stroll   A Morning Stroll I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 10:01 pm

She shoved an unsuspecting pedestrian out of her way as she raced through the tightly packed streets of the city. Aside from the occasional unavoidable moments where she had to push someone out of her way, she was fairly good at finding spaces in the crowd, gliding through it like a phantom. Whereas the men chasing her were shoving and pushing their way through the crowd, ignoring the grunts and shouts of the disgruntled people.
The way ahead of her was clear for the moment, and she decided she’d chance a look back. The women cracked a smile, she was losing them, they were not as quick as her, their bulk making it harder for them to maneuver through the crowd, and it tended to be maintaining a fast pace while pushing people out of the way.
The agile girl quickly shot her eyes back in front of her. Just in time to see a man, of whom had unwittingly stepped in front of her. She crashed into him, “Vecka!” She cursed as she got onto her hands and knees. It was a curse her brother had taught her when she was five years old, and she had used it ever since, even thought the girl wasn’t quite sure what it meant.
The women started to get up then, wait….”Tray?!” She gasped, looking at the man she had so recently trampled. Before anything else could be said, “Hey, You!” It was one of the men whom had been chasing her, “I’ll teach you proper respect!” He was obviously angry, sweat poured down his defined face, he was a beastly man, over six feet tall and all muscle. Two other men, of the same like, walked up behind him.
She stood up, not bothering to help the man to his feet, and drew her swords, of which hung at each hip. “We don’t have to do this, you can just go home and we can forget this ever happened.”
The men roared with laughter, their leader raised his weapon, it was a wooden club.
A mischievous smile spread across her fair lips. She was calm, composed, confident, it was obvious in the way she stood that she had done this plenty of times to know what she was doing.
“Ok,” She sighed dramatically, “Just remember, you brought this upon yourself.”
He laughed again, as his two men came toward her, he put his arm out, stopping them, “No, she’s mine.” He had an evil glint in his eye, hungry.” He advanced toward her.
“You’re a sick, twisted fool.” She said, her voice venomous.
He made the first attack, he swung the club down toward her legs, in an attempt to trip her. She nimbly stepped out of the way and hit the man, in the soft spot of his skull, with the butt of her sword. Resulting in the man falling to the ground with a resounding, THUMP!
“Not too smart,” She tisked, looking up at the other men, “You guys want apiece of me too?” They growled and advanced, but instead of clubs, they each held a sword in their right hands.
Back to top Go down
Tray Daniels

Tray Daniels

A Morning Stroll Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Stroll   A Morning Stroll I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 10:03 pm

[dohtml]

Tray had been in the middle of crossing the street to a book a parchment shop when a sudden solid force collided with his being bringing them both to the ground, only Mo who head saw the accident coming had jumped clear safety avoiding and damage that may have occurred if he had remained on the shoulder the women had so carelessly rammed into. All the air in the man’s lungs had been affectively pushed out of his body rendering him not completely useless. With the agility and speed befitting a jungle cat Tray leaped to his feet right hand clutching the handle of his blade merely out of instinct then a desire to harm the person who had knocked him over. His mind registered one of two things the word Vecka, a curse only he knew because he had created it only sharing it with one person who couldn’t be here, second all certainty that that very person was not here was instantly shattered as his eyes fell on the shapely form of a beautiful women he would know anywhere. It seemed she too recognized him gasping his name in disbelief. “Avena?” Was all he managed to say as confusion enveloped him, he watched dumb founded as Avena struck the first man down his words dully ringing in his ears. When the others approached baring sword his brotherly instinct kicked in, as swift and silently as the shadow of Death itself Tray maneuvered next to one of the men while drawing the Shaska placed on his right hip with his left hand.

The cold steel touched the man’s neck bringing him to a stop his eyes bulging in fear as he gazed at his captor, no one not even his sister had ever seen the dark look that now clouded the young man’s handsome feature. The icy glare he gave the man who was certain he would get his throat slit by this imposing figure, as different as night and day so had Tray become. If his crew were to see him now they would say he was a different man, only the spiny rabbit who had scaled it’s master and now sat on his perk atop the merchant’s shoulder would convince them otherwise. So different was the demeanor of the man they knew, his voice normally so light and friendly held a deadly tone as he spoke and although it was rather calm even joking this man who had been so keen on harming the lass dared not even breath fearing for his very skin. “ Now is that any way to treat a lady?”

The man’s partner moved as if to help his friend, only to stop when Tray’s blade pressed tighter against the burley man’s neck causing his eyes to grow even wider in panic. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” He said, “All I want is a simple answer, so, tell me,” A small trickle of scarlet stained the blade as it ran down the man’s neck, “is that any way to treat a lady?”
“N-no sir.” he squeaked.
“They pray tell me,” Tray began, his voice suddenly growing as cold as the hands of death, “why are you acting in such a way toward her?”
“She disrespected our boss, sir, e’ ordered us to help ‘im catch ‘er.” The second man piped in,” ’E orders us to do et, so ifs there is anyone you should go and punish it is ’em.”
“Is that so?”
The man nodded while his captive companion made a sound of affirmation.
“Then away with ye, and if I ever catch you treating a women is such a manner I will not hesitate to slip your throats.” He threatened withdrawing the sword from the man’s throat who clutched in as he breathed deeply in relief. Casting Tray one last terrified glance them men took off leaving their boss to lay unconscious on the ground at the mercy of this stone cold pirate.

Glazing down at the pathetic form of the man Tray angrily sheathed his sword as he now fought the anger and protective instinct away, knowing if he did not he would do something that he would regret for the rest of his life. Unable to look at him any longer Tray lifted his gaze toward the women. “Avena,” he breathed, stepping toward her to embraced her before pulling away a stern look upon his face. “How did you get here, why didn’t you tell me you were in town, how long have you away from mum and dad, have you even been getting the cloths I have been sending home, how did you get into such a situation, “ and finally, “ what did you do? “

Last edited by Tray Daniels on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Avena Daniels

A Morning Stroll Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Stroll   A Morning Stroll I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 10:14 pm

Avena watched in shock as her brother took on the other two brutes. She had never seen him acting so coldly. Even when they were young, all the many times they had gotten in trouble, she had not seen this side of him. Life away from home had definitely changed him. Not to mention the initial shock at seeing him there in the first place, what are the chances she would see him here, let alone run headlong into him.
The look of shock on her face quickly turned to a look of amusement. She watched the men running away. A smile spreading across her face, then she looked over at her brother. He was still in the same spot where he had threatened the man, but he was looking at their boss, lying motionless on the ground. For a moment she was afraid he would do something unthinkable to the man, yeah he was a bad man, and probably deserved it, but she didn't want Tray to be the one to live with the guilt of ending the mans life.
She went to grab his shoulder, but before she had the chance he looked away from the man and engulfed her in a hug. After which he held her at an arms length and bombarded her with questions.
She shrugged him off then folded her arms,"I could've taken them you know." she raised an eyebrow, "You've been sending me clothes?" She shuddered dramatically, "I can't even begin to imagine what they look like," She smiled playfully at her brother, "Now, to answer your questions," she paused a moment, as if going through the questions in her head,"I got here, obviously, by ship. And I didn't tell you because I had no idea where in the universe you might be." She looked around at all the shops, "I'd have to say, I like this place quite a bit, it's so, bustling with activity!" she smiled mischievously, "I left home when I was fourteen. Ha, and how I got into such a situation as you put it, I was walking, and this jerk," she pointed in the man's direction," Tried to get me to come over, when I wouldn't listen he got upset and came up to me. And I might have said a few things of which I cannot, at this moment, recall. And lets just assume that he ended up on the floor there too." she paused to let it sink in,"So you see, I didn't really do anything, it was all this big lumps fault. If he hadn't been catcalling me we wouldn't have been in this mess in the first place."
She gave him a look only a sister could give, the one that used to always bother him, the one she used when she got her way. She purposely used that look, she wanted to see how he would react. Her brother had changed so much from when she had last seen him, she wanted to see just how different.
"Now, how I learned to fight with a sword is a completely different story..."

Back to top Go down
Tray Daniels

Tray Daniels

A Morning Stroll Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Stroll   A Morning Stroll I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:12 am

The young man backed away when she shrugged him off, listening to his sister as she struck that familiar pose, giving him that raised eye browed look his knew all too well. Giving his head a slow shake, a smile returning to his face at her comment about his fashion, Tray replied assuming a look of indignation . “Contrary to popular belief I do have an eye for clothing, and a surprisingly accurate knowledge of my sister’s personality. I wouldn’t disregard my gifts so easily who knows you may like them.” His eye brows furrowed as Avena went on to explain herself, noting that she avoided answering the question in great detail. He wanted to know why she was here, how she had gotten here, in greater depths then previously given. When she threw in the comment about how she learned how to fight the man backed up a pace, placing his hands on his hips his shoulders hunched, head shaking in disbelief. “Lets talk somewhere more private.” he said straightening his shoulders. During the commotion a crowd had gathered their staring felt by the ever wary man. Gesturing with his right hand the lithe figure stepped over the unconscious man he lead the way back down the street toward the harbor, his crew would have yet to return the day had only just begun! There was a very unlikely chance that any who hadn’t volunteered to remain aboard the ship would return any time soon, their usual desire not to leave the ship for too long over powered by the money lining their pockets.

Unlike their captain who couldn’t stand being away from his beloved ship for more then a few hours, cutting through the crowds the man quickly reached the dock where his ship was docked. With a bow he moved to one side, gesturing for Avena to go first, before nimbly making his way up the plank after her. At the motion created by them coming aboard the crewmen left aboard came alert, a couple appeared from bellow where they had started a card game a hand dropped causally next to the handles of their swords. Upon seeing their captain and a rather attractive women the men flashed him a smile- returning their goofy grin the Tray mouthed “sister”. One man shook his head while the other whistled in amazement at the captain’s parent’s good fortune to have a child of such beauty. With a withering look from their captain they quickly retreated bellow deck to continue their card game and tell the other man of Avena’s presence; confidant that nothing was amiss. “Sorry about that.” he said confidently leading the way toward his cabin. Opening the door, its hinges protesting loudly Tray waited for Avena before following her inside, blinking while his eyes adjusted to the dim light within Tray moved to his chair behind the oak desk motioning for Avena to take one of the two positioned in front of it.

“Tell me Avena, what have you been up too, where did you learn how to fight like that?” he asked, his tone becoming serious as his clear blue eyes searched her face. She had grown up, last he saw her she was a small girl clutching at his waste begging his not to go, now before him sat a fully grown women that held herself with self assurance. She was confident in her own abilities, in her skills with the swords that hung at either hip, she had changed so much it caused his heart to hurt as he thought of all the missed opportunities, the time he had lost. But that was the past, it would do no one any good to sit and dwell upon it, morning for what could not be. He remained silent, elbows resting on the polished wood, his lips touching his clasped hands, thumbs holding his chin, as he continued to wait for her reply.

Back to top Go down
Avena Daniels

A Morning Stroll Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Stroll   A Morning Stroll I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 11:24 pm

Avena listened to her brother as he ‘boasted’ about his fashion sense. She gave a slight smirk, then, as he said he knew her personality well, she began to wonder how well he actually knew her anymore. She had changed a lot since he had left those many years ago. Would he actually be able to still read her as he once could? Would he know when she was holding back? Could he still practically read her thoughts?
She knew he had noticed she hadn’t gone into details about her answers, It seemed to bother him. She was sure he would be filing the fact away for a later conversation.
She had known adding that last bit would get to him. The young women was not at all surprised when he suggested they go somewhere more private, there he would grill her for more details. Half of her was curious about what she might learn about her brother with the conversation, on the other hand she was not to sure she wanted to have his previous anger turned on her.
Avena had noted the crowd slowly gathering around them and the unconscious man. She understood his reasoning for wanted more privacy, who would want a crowd for a family conversation? Certainly not Tray. As the girl followed her brother she noted how agile the young man had become. He moved with grace, he would be a hard target for any assassin. And for some reason, the thought of her brother being a target didn’t strike her as odd, of which bothered her greatly.
She followed her brother, they had come to a ship, and not just any old ship, this was definitely a pirates ship, her brother was a pirate….. What would he think when he found out that she was a pirate as well? Most likely he would be disappointed in her and ask her to stay with the crew he was in, of course he would have to ask the captain first. Besides, many sailors would not like a women aboard their vessel. Bad luck as they put it, rubbish in her opinion. Just because there is a difference in sex does not mean there would be trouble by letting them on board.
Seeing the men on boards reactions, Avena assumed is wasn’t often Tray came aboard with a women, for they seemed rather pleased with their crewmate or…. Was he more then that….? The respect that was shown in the men’s actions, though subtle, seemed to hint to more then that…. Was it possible that her brother was the captain of this ship? That was something she would be sure to find out. She watched her brother as he shot the men a goofy smile and mouthed “sister”.
The women also noted the pirates reactions to this new information, one man shook his head, while the other whistled. If she were to stay aboard this ship, she was sure she would get plenty of attention and help when needed, probably even when she didn’t. But, going off of her brothers stare, the men might have a bit if a hard time trying to get close to her. She smiled at the thought. She watched the crew members rush below deck, no doubt to tell the others of her presence.
“Sorry about that.” He muttered.
“Oh no need to worry, it’s nothing I’m not used to by now.” She replied lightly.
Avena followed her brother into the ships cabin, he was definitely the captain. As he sat down and gestured for her to do the same the thought crossed her mind that she felt like she was being interrogated, Why exactly did the desk have to be between them?
“Tell me Avena, what have you been up too, where did you learn to fight like that?”
She watched her brother. He was obviously not happy with her changes.
She crossed her legs and rested her hands in her lap, “You do know this feels like and interrogation right?” She sighed, “But I guess telling you is unavoidable.” Avena looked around his cabin, “Nice ship you’ve got here, Captain." She looked strait at him with the last word, “If you want answers from me, I’m going to need some answers from you.”

Back to top Go down
Jacob Marlyn

Position : Maintenence worker

A Morning Stroll Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Stroll   A Morning Stroll I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 7:38 pm

Jacob had been checking on things in the engine room, making sure that everything was ship-shape and working, and was now covered in oil as usual. The 16 year old boy was almost always in the engine room and just couldn't seem to stay clean for 2 hours. The other crew members seemed to be spreading news, but Jacob didn't know what. He climbed to the deck and looked around, seeing the crew of the ship scurrying around, going about their duties, before he walked toward the captain's cabin, maneuvering around the other men still on deck. When he reached the door, he knocked to alert the captain of his presence before opening the door. "Everything is in good shape down in the..." The boy stopped what he was saying, for there was a women in the room with the captain. He'd figured out the news that the rest of the crew was spreading. There was a women on board. A particularly handsome one too. "Uhh...this is a...bad time isn't it captain." He said, turning around and reaching for the door knob.
Back to top Go down
Tray Daniels

Tray Daniels

A Morning Stroll Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Stroll   A Morning Stroll I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 10:35 am

“You do know this feels like an interrogation right?” At those words he knew she was not going to tell him anything any time soon, her next comment about his ship and him being the captain was ignored. Drowned out by the second stream of words to follow, words that confirmed his earlier thoughts. With an exasperated sigh of his own Tray dropped his head to his desk, shaking it slowly as he felt the cool polished surface rub against his forehead. “Avena, I asked you a question first.” he had lifted his head to gaze into his sister’s eyes, “ Answer my questions and I give you my word that I will tell you all you wish to know, but first you need to return the favor. “ A stubborn light flared in his eyes, he would not be swayed from this course, if Avena wanted to know anything about this ship or how and why he became her captain, then she would have to answer him. His fingers drummed on the table top, suddenly wishing the bulky thing wasn’t between them Tray stood. Walking behind his chair he stepped on a small lever carved into the floor, with a quiet click the chair was released from it’s restraints in the floor. The chair, although fine and decretive, was surprisingly light for one of its splendor. Even so its weight still caused a grunt of exertion from its owner as he slid it around the table to a spot where he knew more securing restraints lay, hided until he pressed another switch with his foot to click the chair into place. Resting his arms on the back of the chair, Tray leaned his weight on the hefty piece of furniture as he collected his thoughts.

A knock on the door drew his attention away from his sister, looking toward the door as it opened, screeching on its un-oiled hinges as Jacob Marlyn walked in, his body covered in the ever present oil from the ship’s engines. The lad was young for a mechanic, most ship captains would have looked him over due to his age, but tray had seen the born talent within the boy and had hired him to work within the engine room. So far the kid had proven himself to be a hard worker and a quick learner, the Stargazer hadn’t fallen from the sky at least, in fact she ran just as smoothly as before. He was certain Jacob would turn into a very valued part of the crew as he learned more about caring for the ship’s mechanics. It seemed he had noticed Avena and astutely declared that this was a bad time, even so the captain flashed a friendly smile to the young lad. “Not at all Jacob, anytime is a good time to let me know the condition of my ship. ” He answered, “ After all she is the reason we are able to fly from port to port, without her we’d be grounded.” He patted his chair affectionately, considering it to be apart of the ship now that it was firmly attached to it again. He watched Avena, certain that she would attempt to use the sudden arrival of Jacob as an escape. He quickly cut of that escape by saying. “Avena was about to tell me what she has been up to, I’m sure there isn’t anything she wouldn’t want you to hear,”

Angling a raised eye brow toward his younger sibling he said, his voice calm and conversational. “We are all pirates after all.” He was probably as surprised as Avena for speaking such a thing, but when the words left his lips he knew it was true. As much as it saddened him to think that his sister could have become a pirate, it didn’t strike him as odd or particularly surprising. She was always a wild untamed spirit, rebellious and reckless. The way she carried herself spoke of a trained fighter, she did not dress like an officer of the government, not like she would. But her view of them had never been that positive to begin with, no, she would not have joined them. Only the life of a pirate fitted her personality, at by the way she handled herself back in the streets, she had been at it for a while. Still resting on the back of his chair, the young man watched both of the occupants within his cabin. Studying their faces, judging their reaction to his brash words. A palatable silence had filled the cabin, only the creaks and groans of the ship as she shifted could be heard. The sound as always soothing for Tray, even now it had a relaxing effect upon his tense muscles. Slowly they began to unwind, the pent up energy within his body ebbing away as he became more at ease, his motions fluid.

Back to top Go down
Avena Daniels

A Morning Stroll Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Stroll   A Morning Stroll I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 3:30 pm

Avena was not in the least bit surprised by her brothers words. “I never said I would not answer yours before mine, I only asked that you grant me the same you expect from me.” She was glad when he had moved his chair, She had known, in making her comment, he would begin to wish it were not there as well. And so she had accomplished what she had set out to do, now it felt as thought they were on a more even playing field.
Avena and Tray both turned their attention to the door, as a hearty knock sounded upon it’s polished wood. The handle turned and a young boy entered, he didn’t look more than sixteen years old. He was covered in soot and grease, obviously he worked in the engine room. At first her mind began to wonder why a boy of such a young age would be working on a ship, but then her thoughts turned to her brother and herself. They had left at a younger age and joined crews of their own, what right did she have to question this boys reasons?
“Everything is in good shape down in the…” She assumed he was going to say engine room, but he had noticed her and stopped what he was saying. Why did she have that affect on people? She could tell his mind was working quickly, the men had been spreading news, she knew, and, judging by his reaction, he hadn’t yet heard it.
“Uhh…this is a… bad time isn’t it captain?” Then the boy turned to exit the room.
Avena listened to her brothers response to the young lad. She smiled, apparently her brother thought she would try and use this as an escape from questioning. However this was not so.
Aven a gave the boy a warm smile, she stood up and shook his hand, “It’s nice to meet you. As my mindless brother here pointed out, I am Avena.” She glanced back at Tray, “I mean that with the utmost respect, of course.”
Turning back to they boy, “He’s right, you know, I’ve nothing to hide from a fellow pirate. I don’t mind.” She had known her brother would figure it out. She would never go work for the government, and she was too skilled a fighter to have not learned from a master and, since government was out of the question, pirate was the logical answer.
She glanced around the room, spotting an old stool stashed away in a corner. She wandered over to the stool and grabbed it, saying as she walked back, “You might as well sit down, this may take a while.” With that, she sat back down in her chair, and raised her eyebrows at the boy, willing him to sit down.

Back to top Go down
Jacob Marlyn

A Morning Stroll Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Stroll   A Morning Stroll I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 12:49 pm

Jacob's gaze turned from the women, to his captain, then back again, as Tray greeted him with a warm smile and said that it in fact was not a bad time at all. Jacob still thought it was, but he finished what he had been saying anyway. "Um...Everything's in good shape down in the engine room...captain. No problems with the ship at all." Apparently the women's name was Avena, he learned as Tray continued to speak. And then Avena did something that he did not expect. She stood and greeted him, shaking his hand. The 16 year old boy nodded to her in greeting. But then she called his captain mindless. Jacob honestly did not have any idea how to respond to that. So he just stood there without a word and watched as Avena grabbed a chair, telling him to sit down. The boy looked to his captain, then back at the women, then slowly sat down on the stool that she had gotten for him.
Back to top Go down
Tray Daniels

Tray Daniels

A Morning Stroll Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Stroll   A Morning Stroll I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 7:29 pm

Tray gave a nod. “Good good, then we’ll be ready to sail in the morning so long as all of our crew make it back in time.” he chuckled. “I don’t allow much drinking aboard the ship when we are flying, so the crew likes to take full advantage of us being at port.” it wasn’t just because he wasn’t a fan of alcohol but because he had heard far too many stories where ships were surprised by an enemy and the crew was unable to defend itself properly because they were drunk. He was not going to have his ship taken or destroyed because his men were man incompetent by too much drink, he loved his ship and respected his crew to much to put them in that kind of danger. His attention was brought back to the world of the living when Avena spoke, as usual she insulted him this time choosing her favorite topic to attack, his intelligence. Jacob didn’t seem t know how to handle the fact that his captain had just been so carelessly insulted, he was touched that his crew-mate respected him enough to find it so shocking that anyone would do such a thing. “Don’t mind my sister she’s just a mean fuddy-duddy who is afraid of cockroaches and can’t come to turns that she has an awesome brother who’s shoes she’ll never be able to fill.” he looked Avena in the eye, grinning all the time. “And I mean that in the nicest of ways” All he said was not true, expect for the cockroach part, he honestly loved his sister and did not believe his shoes were all that hard to fill.

He remained where he was as Aven directed Jacob to a stool she had pulled out, one of the few furniture pieces he had yet to secure. His kind eyes watching them both. “You should thank her, it is not often that your first mate gives you a seat.” He said casually, knowing that he had just implied that he wanted his sister to come aboard as his second in command. He wouldn’t trust anyone else with such an honor, plus he could keep an eye on her like a good brother should. Whether Avena took it as such was entirely up to her, most likely she would take it the wrong way and insult him some more. Even if she took it in a positive manner she’d still insult him, either way he’d be bashed and all because she loved him; life was hard like that sometimes.

Back to top Go down
Avena Daniels

A Morning Stroll Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Stroll   A Morning Stroll I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 12:56 am

Avena listened to her brothers insults with a smile on her face. It had been a long time since they had seen each other and had this much playful banter. As the boy walked over to the chair she said, “I wouldn’t have thought it meant in any other way. Of course you’ll also know I mean it in the nicest of ways when I say I have no intentions of trying to fill your shoes. In fact, I quite like my own shoes thank you very much.” she went on, “And considering I haven’t seen you since you left home, I haven’t the slightest clue as to where those shoes might have even been or what they have accomplished.”
Leaning against his desk she continued, “And my being a “fuddy duddy” as you put it… well I had to learn it from someone didn’t it. And considering you were my best friend when we were younger… I think you can guess who I learned it from, brother dearest.”
She looked up at his next words, eyebrows raised, “And when did this happen? I do not recall you coming to me and asking me to be your trusted right hand man… or woman.” Folding her arms she looked strait at him, “besides what makes you think I want to be?”
Back to top Go down
Jacob Marlyn

A Morning Stroll Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Stroll   A Morning Stroll I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Jacob's gaze switched back and forth between the two siblings as they shot insults back at each other. Eventually, as he listened to the things that they had to say to and about each other, he couldn't help but let out a small snicker. The boy still didn't really know to react to these comments that were being made to his captain, which he had never heard being spoken to to Tray. When Tray said that he should thank the women, the words "First Mate" caught him off guard. "Uhh....I....Umm...." He stammered, turning to Avena. "Umm....Thanks...." He finally managed to say in a voice that was barely over a whisper. Jacob proceeded to listen as Avena continued to speak. Really? There was really a chance that she wouldn't accept the offer to be Tray's first mate? Jacob wouldn't really want the job himself, but that was only because he loved being a mechanic so much. He just loved working with the machines down in the engine room. A Mechanic was what Jacob was meant to be. It was what he lived for. And not only that, but he considered it an honor to keep his Captain's beloved ship up and running. (And he really means beloved) But for someone that didn't love working with machines so much to not accept, he just couldn't understand why anyone wouldn't. He listened intently to hear what they would both say next.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Morning Stroll Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Stroll   A Morning Stroll I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Morning Stroll
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Free As A Bird :: Argo :: Dry Creek-
Jump to: